I finally found a tutorial for a gallery in flash that allows me a description without the frufra of a sliding thumbnail images .. Lordy but that was a search and a half .. I found one that gave me the basic instructions for what I wanted to do .. nothing complicated, just easy to use, simple to follow directions with explanations!! Thank God.
While I was doing this searching and then finally the coding, I had been thinking that I need to have some smaller ticket items in for sale could make the difference between not making my table cost and clearing my table .. some of the ideas are:
- scrunchies – 3 or 4 for $1
- bookmarks – $1 – could make these with heavy interfacing or craftbatting
- knitted dishcloths – $1
- knitted pot scrubbies – $1
- mini coasters – $1 – I’ll call these keyboard koasters – I have one a dear friend gave me for Cmas in 2000 and it lives next to my keyboard – no batting – yes Dottie I still have and use it 😉
- quilted postcards – $3.50 – $5.00 – idea for the future, I need to see what regulations Canada Post has on these
- or even doing a kit with a coaster, a coffee cup, and a bag of tea / hot chocolate or some hot drink .. cider maybe for the winter months.
- doing a buy two reduced price for trivets – I had a lady try to barter with me for trivets, what I should have said was, I’ll sell you 2 for …. but I wasn’t expecting that and didn’t think quick enough .. granted I thought of it AFTER she walked away from my table .. to late :S
These are all smaller ticket items that ppl can spend their ‘pin’ money on. I think that’s what ppl are looking for at these shows. I know I ALWAYS need scrunchies. And to display these; in the quilted baskets that everyone says are so bloody clever but no one buys :|.
I have a ton of yarn packed away in the basement .. I’m positive that I didn’t give away my needles and case .. I’m hoping that they are in the same box as the yarn .. oh and this is a HUGE box of yarn .. also I’m sure that there is a ton of yarn of my mum’s at my dad’s house still .. so could get her yarn .. and needles if need be …
Also in the back of my mind is getting maybe some baby quilts or wall quilts done – but I also want to get MY quilts done too .. Kyle’s quilt, my kitty quilt, the sea scape just needs a binding to be put on it. A friend in the UK wants me to make her a quilt and we’ve decided on the grandmother’s fan in pale colours .. I’m pretty excited about doing this for her and will get started on that soonest 😀 That way I can add them to my product pages and my quilt gallery.
I just have to be sure that my webpage is finally all set and I can move forward .. I’m so bloody fussy sometimes … LOL