The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A New York City subway train holds 1,200 people. This blog was viewed about 7,200 times in 2015. If it were a NYC subway train, it would take about 6 trips to carry that many people.
Click here to see the complete report.
This evening was spent plodding along picking fabrics, cutting pieces to fit the templates, sewing them up, ripping some out, slowly sewing along and pressing blocks. and getting stabbed with pins on every block LOL You’d think I’d develop callouses or be turned into a human pin cushion at this point. Continue reading
It was devilishly hard to cut into the fabric I dyed yesterday LOL I must’ve stood there for a good 20 minutes if not longer with my rotary cutter in hand willing myself to make the cut. I don’t know what it is about us fabric freaks / lovers / hoarders, but we do not like to cut into fabric we love LOL. But cut into I did and I really do like the way it turned out. And my favourite is still the leaves one on the right. I will have enough to finish the last 12 blocks Yeah!!! I am thinking about using random blank blocks as fillers through this help emphasis motion with the curves – least that’s what I’m seeing in my mind – I just hope that I can translate that from my mind to my quilt. Maybe a bit of random applique that also shows motion – butterflies, dragonflies, birds, twining leaves?? I see it, but it’s not definite yet. I’ve put so much time and effort into this quilt, I want it to be the best it can be and with minimal mistakes Continue reading
Between the hacking and coughing today I had a blast playing with my dyes, fabric paints, wax and glue. Although the glue version had to be nixed LOL First thing I did was the textile paint on the yellow with leaves and sunset greeny with paw prints and then I ran out of paint PFFT!!!! I wasn’t too worried as I did (operative word .. DID) have green dye.. The package I had of Dylon would do about 2 – 2 1/2 yards of fabric, so I started to hunt around for fabric to add to this. I did do 3/4 yard of white muslin that I had here for just that purpose I scrunched it up to tight and / or didn’t mix it up good enough at the beginning so it’s more white than I wanted it to be, but I can always do another batik with green when I buy more. I did a bit of that on the yellow leaves and the paw prints – i really like the effect it gave me and want to play with that more. I’ve always loved hand dyeing and this is just the icing on the cake for me. Continue reading
The beginning of my weekend is starting out as planned – ish! I hope it stays this way!! I feel a bug coming on and I’m doing my best to ignore it and hope that it stays to a dull roar so I can enjoy the next three days and not be sick … I swear there is nothing worse than being sick on your days off and that’s usually the way it happens. Well I don’t miss work that way Continue reading
Happy Dance!! Block 4 of Set 5 is done :D It turned out pretty well me thinks! A few zigs when there should’ve been a zag, but that’s okay – no puckers and I’m good with that! I can deal with a few flat spots in my arcs. As far as I’m concerned it adds character and this quilt is going to have a lot of character LOL.
My greens are getting to be slim pickings so I’ll be making some more. I’ve done some research on resist dyeing with wax and glue. I’ll be using yellows, oranges and reds I think for the backgrounds and then use various shades of green over it with maybe cats or butterflies or maybe some abstract designs or see what I can find in the house to use as a stamp. I’m getting geeked just thinking about it. I need to remember to pick up some puppy training pads for protection for my table. I used them the last time – they are great as they are waterproof and totally disposable and I can get them at the dollar store . Even better. So my three days off which start after I finish work tomorrow night will be filled with fabric dyeing and sewing! WHEEEEEEEEE
Even with not feeing great, I managed to get 3 more blocks done of my beauties. Only one more block to finish this set and then I have 6 of 10 sets finished. I’ve not had anymore issues with crimps or crinkles on the curves since I started to work from the outermost edge. This last set is driving me a bit buggy – there’s so many different sections and only so many colours LOL. While all the colours work well together, doesn’t mean that the ones I pick at that instance will work Continue reading