Waxing and Dyes

20150401_19593720150401_200018Between the hacking and coughing today I had a blast playing with my dyes, fabric paints, wax and glue. Although the glue version had to be nixed LOL  First thing I did was the textile paint on the yellow with leaves and sunset greeny with paw prints and then I ran out of paint PFFT!!!!  I wasn’t too worried as I did (operative word .. DID) have green dye.. The package I had of Dylon would do about 2 – 2 1/2 yards of fabric, so I started to hunt around for fabric to add to this.  I did do 3/4 yard of white muslin that I had here for just that purpose  I scrunched it up to tight and / or didn’t mix it up good enough at the beginning so it’s more white than I wanted it to be, but I can always do another batik with green when I buy more.  I did a bit of that on the yellow leaves and the paw prints – i really like the effect it gave me and want to play with that more.  I’ve always loved hand dyeing and this is just the icing on the cake for me. Continue reading

Advertisements