By golly it bloody well worked. I was more than a bit sceptical that this would work – mind you I’m tickled pink that it worked!! That means that my blocks will be just fine!!! OH HAPPYDANCE!!! I’ve managed to frog and re-sew 3 blocks and only one block needed to have new pieces cut for the arcs so far. I was not about to frog the pieced arcs .. oh hellz no!!! Just the thought of that is enough to give me the uber heebie jeebies.
I’ve had more than a few tense moments while sewing the inner arc where the puckers just would not ease out while I was pinning – so a wee bit of tugging and shaping and coaxing, I’ve managed to get them sewn with minimal puckers and I can easily hide that with quilting. Not sure why I can’t get that final inner arc to lay flat even with a gazillion pins – but with a lot of well wishing and zen breathing it has come out – I’m really happy with this considering how they were turning out
This weekend is going to be another Frenzy and I plan to get a few more blocks done for sure. Once I get the next set done then I’m halfway there for piecing the blocks
I might remake a few more blocks – with me doing the top down method it appears that my blocs are a smidge larger. I’m reluctant to trim to much off while squaring these blocks – I don’t want my points landing all wonky on the seams.
So here’s the remade blocks and like I said, I’m really really pleased by the results and am feeling really excited again