Amazingly enough, I managed to get quite a bit of my goals accomplished this weekend! **kittyhappydance for me!! I didn’t get them all done, but that’s okay, the rest can be worked on by the guys over the next 5 days (uh huh we’ll see).. Yesterday I wrote
I start my weekend now (I’ve tues and wed for May for Kyle’s confirmation / rehearsal) and my goals are modest .. weed the front garden, plant my seeds, convince reg or kyle to dig up the back veggie garden and plant there, wash my fan quilt, stitch the binding on the kitty quilt and maybe get some laundry done if Kyle’s not taken over the washer again .. oh and try to avoid getting kidnapped for groceries and whatnot 😀
Out of that list, I did the front garden, planted my flower seeds, washed (and repaired) the fan quilt, took daylight pics of the fan quilt AND the spinner quilt, and have just over 1 side of binding on my kitty quilt to do. And during this time, managed to attend a meeting a Kyle’s school for his grade 8 trip and graduation and confirmation rehearsal – plus buy him dress shoes! So i’ good about the veggie garden not getting done, that can be dug up in the next few days .. I don’t have plants for it yet, so it wasn’t that critical for me to do.
Now the fan quilt needed a few repairs to it after I pulled it out of the wash .. I was really disappointed to see that some of my fans didn’t get under the twill tape totally .. Next time I do this pattern, I will use a shorter stitch – I’m thinking that that might do the trick there. I was pretty upset about this turning out this way … I had maybe 10 spots that I had to fix that were just like this – maybe more as I found 2 more spots after I thought I had them all done ..
To fix this, I took a light blue thread and did some zigzag stitching where it had not been tucked under .. it rather upset me that I didn’t have any of the variegated left that I used for this, but the light blue works pretty good .. I had a light blue and a medium blue that I used depending on the blues where it had not gotten tucked under the tape … It’s not to noticeable, but of course I’ll always see this .. not everyone will as I matched it pretty close – but it’s still a bummer for me
As for the label on this quilt, all I’m going to do for now is put down the pertinent information and leave a space for the name, I can write that in later .. and if ends up not being named, so be it ..
“Case128 – The Big Fan Mystery” by Merry Mayhem
NYD – 1.1.09 – finished 5.16.09
Dedicated to Mary Jean Campaigne Lambie
It does look gorgeous tho, ooboo’s not withstanding. Nice and peaceful and serene .. the quilting just sets it off just right and I am proud of the work that I did do on it, I learned a new technique and learned a few other ‘should have dones’, so I’m pleased .. bummed but pleased .. yeah I know .. they shouldn’t go together but they do .. I didn’t expect this to be perfect, but I didn’t want to have to do the cheater fix to it already before I even got to use it ..
I finally got a daylight pic of Kyle’s Spinners and I’ve actually handed it over to him tonite 😀 He rather liked the idea that it’s done and HIS HIS HIS 😉 .. it was also a ‘sneaky’ way for his sheets to be changed and his room to be picked up too .. course I wouldn’t hang a quilt over his head like that .. i would never do that 😉
So I’ve had some triumphs this weekends and some let-downs too .. but I did learn from them and that is the important thing .. and my kitty quilt will be done in the next day or two as well ..
** starts to put her balls all in the air again ..