I was busy all day, but don’t feel like much got accomplished. definitely nothing quilt related – altho I’m playing with some colour choices for a quickie project.
What did get done today was the tree is up 😀 and my house still looks like a warehouse with all the boxes all over the place – the net lights worked pretty good actually, altho it was interesting putting them on the tree. Good thing I bought 2 as there was a gap after I got it all arranged .. to bad I didn’t have net fishing experience ..might have made that part go easier. heh Once the lights were on, the rest of the tree went pretty quick with kyle and I working on it – by the time it was his bedtime, it was just a matter of moving a few ornaments here and there to fill some bare patches, do the garland and the put the angel up on the tree. This was the same angel that my mum put up on the tree when I was younger .. as far as I know, this is the only tree topper she had – so she’s at least as old as I am, if not older .. that angel for some reason has always meant a lot to me, so it was great that she gave it to me before she passed.
And yes I know I don’t have a quilted tree skirt .. but isn’t the snowman just oooh so adorable!!!!! Yeah ..snowman nut here 😉 We’ve had that skirt for 2 years – bloody dog chewed half the things off when she was a puppy (Saturday, we’ll have had Orion for 2 years (!!)) The tree went up maybe 3 days before we got her.
Tomorrow I put up the Cmas village that I have and the nativity scene – oh and the wreath on the front door .. Why do we turn our houses totally upside down for these 3 – 4 weeks a year?? Just amazes me 😀 I keep my tree up until after Russian Christmas in honour of my grandmother – when I was younger, mum kept it up until then and we did a small Christmas on January 7th I would get a small gift from her – mostly it was symbolic of opening a gift and the tradition of Russian Christmas. You know, I’m sitting her thinking and trying to remember – I never did get ‘gifts’ from my grandma on cmas – I would get money sure, but an actual gift to open wasn’t until January 7 th – the things we remember as we get older
I’ve been pretty lax and owe Ginny and apology. Back on November 23rd, she awarded me the Kreative Blogger award – I had just got my new puter and was ripping my hair out with set up and whatnot for a good week, then the crud got me .. it wasn’t until Holly gave me the same award that I remembered that Ginny had given this to me earlier .. I want to thank both of you for giving me this .. Now the rules:
The rules of the award are:
- The winner may put the logo on her blog.
- Put a link to the person you got the award from in your blog.
- Nominate 5 blogs.
- Put links to the blogs.
- Leave a message for your nominees.
I just did the Ugly Mug award and really don’t want to give the same award out, so I’ve had to my thinking cap on .. I can’t give it back to Holly or Ginny (bah) so 5 ppl … this is harder than you think .. I have met some GREAT ppl blogging – and I want to give them all an award 🙂 but I can’t … well shouldn’t according to the rules …
- Tracy @ fiberbabble – Tracy just cracks me up and I always enjoy reading her blog .. and she’s even allowed me to pick her brain regarding knitting .. how cool is that!
- Megan @ The Bitchy Stitcher – she postively kills me – I find her so entertaining – warning naughty langauge on her blog ..
- Cathie @ Creative Days with Cathie – quilting, scrap booking, her family – nice read 🙂
- Helen in the UK @ Quilts & ATCs – Helen has been doing a lot of charity work lately and her latest projects just get you all weepy eyed thinking about them. Matter of fact, it’s her Disappearing 9 patch tutorial that I have linked on my blog 🙂
- Karen @ Merry Little Quilter – I enjoy reading about her tribulations and trials – and her dog when sleeping looks a lot like mine
Okay – that was tough – I’m tired still not totally over the crud – it’s more being totally drained energy-wise .. granted I was pretty busy today, but you’d think I did more with how I feel