I figured this was going to happen – I ended up being 2 squares short of the dark green – and 4 squares short of the light green – how did I know .. for once, my wacky math was right .. but I kept hoping that I had measured wrong .. hey .. one can always hope ..
While I was able to match up the light green pretty close to tone, I wasn’t so lucky with the dark green .. I probably should have done the olive green that I had … but I thought this matched the lighter print well .. hmm for some reason the light green looks yellow in this picture .. but it’s actually very close the lighter green calico print … go figure
As you can see the background fabrics aren’t exactly the same .. one is like a burgundy and the other a pink .. they do look well together and I am making 8 of each fabric – so there’s a nice balance .. this background fabric is so delicate that I’m leery of giving a tug as i’m afraid that it will stretch all out of true .. Thank God for Speed Starch .. gives it the weight i need it to be and stops my fear of the odd tug. Another thing that I rather hate to do is I’m pressing away from the 4 patches .. the bulk of the seams created all sorts of havoc in the first block i did .. So instead of pressing towards the dark .. i’m pressing towards the light .. I hope it won’t be to obvious when I finally get this quilted.