I opted to go with the Prairie Queen block – this block will have the same blue, but the greens will be scrappy – I’m going to use as much of the dark and light green from the Big Ohio as possible and use other greens that are close to it to fill in the spaces.
I have another fabric that has red flowers, blue berries on a cream background – I think that that is a better choice for the smaller ohio blocks .. now i might not have quite enough, but I have a few other fabrics that I can use as well that will work very well with it.
I moved the Underground Railroad blocks inwards one ‘ring’ and moved the prairie queen blocks outward – that puts the light closer to the browns and seemed to make a huge difference .. it changed the whole look of the quilt. And now the browns seem to be more balanced … I took the one set out with the red dots on a background that made it seem to blend in with the rest of the quilt .. I think that also made a huge difference .. i did NOT like that blending spot at all!
This is pretty close to how it’s going to end up – of course the greens and some of the blues will be different fabrics, but they are very close in tone to what i have used here.
I’m giving a kudos to myself and a kick in the backside as well .. i discovered the reason that quilt pro wasn’t taking my fabric scans .. twit for brains here, had the images to large – they are supposed to be no larger than 100k bah! :S **shakes head** So this layout was actually done in quilt pro and paws are crossed that the library holds this time .. I’m still upgrading when I can tho – this version is so old that my serial number wasn’t accepted when I tried to upgrade before. I’ll call them this time and see if I can’t push it through that way.
Welp – it’s late and I didn’t want to be up at 4am … but I am tired, so that’s good news .. I’ll be asleep shortly