Good news on my quilt math 😀 😀 😀 .. I’m right – thankyou everyone that downloaded my pdf file and checked it for me … it has been suggested to change the usable width to 40″ as the newer fabrics aren’t as wide anymore .. what’s up with that .. they increase the price per yard and give us less .. BAH! .. A lot of my yardage is older, but that is great advise and I will measure my widths just to be sure.
With checking my math, I’ve realized that I don’t have enough yardage to do the background all the same .. what I can do is have the inner blocks one background and the outer blocks a different one .. I do have more than enough for that .. And I think that it would look great too and I have enough to do the backgrounds all the same this way. For the inner ring and the Underground Railroad ring, I really want these backgrounds to be the same. The foregrounds I’ve already decided will be scrappy – quilts back then were made from scraps of this and that, so this would be more to the period – i have some nice yellows and reds that would be perfect for the foreground for this ring .. and ½ yards of each colour, so getting 4 – 5 blocks per piece won’t be an isssue ..
I am bloody tired today! I woke up to my dad knocking on the door (the man has a cell phone, he could call (@@)), and he asked for my help with shopping for a tree for him and doing the plot at my mum’s gravesite … we spent all day it seems running around going here and there .. didn’t get the plot done .. needs to have some maintenace done on the ground there first, but we did buy a hanging basket to hang on the shepards crook he had already bought at the gravesite, so that was really good .. and it looks really great too .. I think that mum will like it.
We ended up coming back here to get the dog and then go to his place to cook supper. We made a beef stir fry together that was pretty good!! .. We were missing a few things that makes it just perfect like fresh ginger and broccoli, but we made up for it in other ways with garlic and lots of other veggies ..
I got home and finally got a chance to beat the snot out of the weeds that have been growing in my backyard. In mid to late April, we dug up, leveled, raked, rolled and planted grass seed in our back yard. Well the grass was finally long enough for me to cut it. I wanted to do this earlier this week, but Monday I was busy with other stuff and it’s rained just about every day since then. Well I could have done it yesterday, but Kyle broke my weedwhacker so I needed to fix it before I could use it. Didn’t bother .. got a new Black & decker one today at Home Depot for like $15 🙂 .. so it was late when I got home, but nice and cool. Took me bout 30 – 45 mins to whack thru all the weeds in the back .. they were half my height and I’m a shorty 😉 .. then to cut the grass. I went over it twice and am pretty pleased with the result. I’m happy enough with it that I finally let Orion out the backyard for the first time since we did all that work 🙂 .. she was pretty happy too. But now I’m pretty bloody whacked .. being outdoors today in nurseries and at home depot then at the gravesite twice, THEN doing my backyard .. Yup I’m tired. I’ll have Kyle rake up the weeds and grass tomorrow, then toss some more seed out there and we should be good to go .. all I need to do out there now is to hang my box planters, lay some stone next to the deck and move the old bbq off the deck – just basically rearrange some stuff.