I’ve gone stark raving mad (!)

I think that I’ve gone mad .. truly and totally mad!!

Yesterday I pulled out all my reproduction fabrics to pick the ones I wanted for my quilt. Well the background for the lighter parts is a definite – I just needed to find a darker fabric that I had enough of for the background for the Underground Railroad Blocks .. according to quilt pro I needed like 5 1/2 yds of this stuff .. i’m like .. that can’t be right .. so I set it up again and redid the yardage calculations – I ended up with 2 different totals :S .. I don’t expect the foreground of the railroad blocks to be the same .. I just want the background the same – the rest of it can scrappy .. I just want the backgrounds of each block to be the same. Then I decided – “Okay .. I can have the backgrounds of each ‘set’ of 10 blocks to be the same .. I can live with that .. so I do the math for a set .. I end up with needing &#188 for the background for the sets, but when I did another calculation I got &#189 yd. I need to redo my calculations again. I’ve done them all the long way instead of counting on quiltpro as it doesn’t seem to be able to make up it’s mind ..

I thought I would be slick and use excel to do the math for me quick like .. and I got another total .. I ended up with 1 5/8 yards needed for the whole background for that block .. that is ‘consistent’ with needed about &#188 yd per set of 10, and 2 yards for all 40 blocks .. but I’m not sure .. will do the math again and see.

As you can see, I don’t have a HUGE amount of yardage – I have quite a few choices, but not yards and yards of anything but the background fabric for the lighter ring – I think that using the browns or dark blues would be GREAT for the Underground RR ring – those are the ones where I have yards of material .. just not enough to do it all one colour – I have a lot of &#189 yd measures and FQs. If these numbers I did last nite are correct, then I will have enough of a brown vine pattern to do for the background – but just barely .. that means NO cutting errors .. no pressure at all .. BAH!

when i did the math by hand last nite, i was so tired that I’m sure that I made TONS of mistakes, so I’ll redo it all from scratch again .. but am likely going to wait until after the kid and reg go tonite so I can have some quiet to do this in .. All I need is to get the same measurement twice and I’m good to go πŸ˜‰ ..

I hope ….

Math Wizardess πŸ˜‰

Woot Woot .. I finally got my numbers to agree πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ .. happy days!!! now .. do i have the confidence in my numbers to start cutting heheheehheheheheh .. i might do a test strip with some other material i have here just to see ..

Thank God that my numbers worked out this time .. i was really beginning to REALLY doubt math for quilting .. and while math isn’t my strongest suit .. I am pretty accurate with quilt math

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s