Please click on the images to view larger pics in new window
Today was a day of extremes for me. The
right side of the bed did NOT exist for me today. Might have been due to the fact that Kyle managed to wake me up after 2 hours sleep – and he wasn’t watching the dog when he let her out this am. She managed to get the gate open and escaped (didn’t go far, but not the point – she was after cats down the block) she’s about to go into heat and he wasn’t quiet about opening the doors, slamming them, yelling for the dog .. woke Reg and I both up .. Okay .. so Reg wakes up to a pin dropping on carpeting .. i DON’T!
I knew I needed to center myself, I was frustrated beyond all belief by not being able to find a rotary cutting pattern for a mouse (!) (and i started last nite). Even getting my DSL back today didn’t make me feel better for long. I was ready to cheap out on my kitty quilt and just do fish. BUT .. I stepped away from it and worked on my Seascapes (Sea LIfe???) quilt that Joy gave me. I could’t start it until after supper tho as my table can’t come away from the wall to accomodate the boards I use. I did Sharon Schamber’s basting method again and this time it worked VERy well for me. I took shorter stitches, longer thread, had the quilt on my cutting mat and really really really paid attention to the tension i was putting on my stitches .. I believe that might have also been a larger part of the problem for me the last time I tried this method.
After basting this quilttop, I felt soooo much better – Like I had actually accomplished something .. and while I was basting my mind was working away on my kitty border issue. They resolved themselves in the back of my mind. I printed out my quilting motifs, grabbed the sullivan’s and started to plot. I realized that i couldn’t try the appliquilt on this quilt after I had laid all the templates out as it would make it to busy i think. I have the whole quilt covered with a sea scene and I just think that that would be overkill. If you look, you can see the seaweed and fish in the bottom left corner, 2 bigger fish swimming around, shells in the corners and waves and shells for the borders. I really don’t think that I want to add anything else to this .. that does disappoint me tho as I would have liked to tried that method, but there’ll be other opportunities – if not, I’ll create them 😀
Now for the borders on my kitty quilt; I was at the point where I was just going to do all fish and be done with it. I did NOT want to do paper piecing, nor particularly applique at this point. I am so bloody close, that I want the top DONE NOW. well I almost short changed myself, but something kept me from doing so .. I have come up with what I think is going to be the perfect finish to this quilt .. All i’m going to say right now is it involves fish, meeces (appliqued) and kitties. Oh and it will involve math LOLOLOL But i’m feeling better about everything right now – borders are under control, Seascape is just about done .. I think that I’m going to see about using up the scraps that Joy sent me along with some other fabrics I have here and doing a scrappy binding.. I think that just might be the perfect finish to it